Frequently Asked Questions
What does TRI do?
TRI provides a wide range of products and services. For an outline of the company’s main capability areas see our company overview or click below for specific details on our range of client solutions –
Who owns TRI?
TRI is a privately held, small business owned by Dan Baker, the founder. The business operates as an impartial report publisher and services provider, independent from any government or commercial interests.
Who are TRI’s clients?
TRI is trusted by clients around the world. We sell our reports and services to all types of telecoms, systems integrators, telecom software vendors, consultancies, and other public and commercial organisations.
How do I know that TRI's reports are high quality?
One indicator of our high quality is that TRI has been in business for 15 years selling reports and consulting in the same area -- OSS/BSS. It's our specialty and if we weren't delivering quality research studies, OSS/BSS is a small enough community that the word would spread and we'd probably be out of business by now.
Another way to verify quality is to examine research before you buy it. We are happy to provide you with samples of our studies as a measure of quality.
In our promotional copy, we take time to explain what the research is about. We provide a full table of contents, number of pages in each research section, highlights, and other details so you can better determine if the research meets your needs.
Finally -- and most important -- TRI offers a full money-back guarantee of quality on all its research reports. If within 15 days of receiving one of our reports you are not delighted with its quality, you may return it for a full refund.
How does TRI collect its Market Insights?
The primary source of our market information is personal conversations with knowledgeable people in the telecom industry. In fact, the experts we speak to can be considered the silent authors of our reports.
The English language did the world a disservice by lumping market
researchers under the "analyst" label. Analysis
is derived from the Greek word analyein which means
to break things up (i.e. segment things). But at TRI we value
synthesis as much as analysis. Our history shows there's great
value in bringing ideas together from many expert sources.
In addition to our primary research conversations with industry experts, TRI also gathers information from a wide variety of secondary sources such as:
- Media - newspapers, magazines, radio, television, and internet-based information.
- Public data - government reports, financial reports and official data such as budgets and demographics, presentations, and speeches.
Can I trust TRI?
It's a sad commentary on the state of the analyst industry when a question like that needs to be asked. Yet it's common knowledge that some telecom analyst firms shamelessly promote their clients in research reports that are supposed to be objective.
The following TRI policies are intended to maintain the sacred trust between market researcher and reader:
- We accept no retainers or gifts worth over $25 from any company, person, or other influence peddler.
- We provide research coverage to all significant vendors in the markets we study. We do not make buying a research report from us a condition for that coverage.
- When a vendor pays TRI to write a white paper with TRI's name in it, the paper will clearly state that TRI was hired by the vendor. Another condition: TRI must verify product claims by speaking directly with one or more telecom or large enterprise customer references.
- When TRI conducts interviews where sensitive competitive information is discussed, it will be done only in the context of multi-client reports that are available for purchase by all parties at a reasonable cost.
- When TRI collects sensitive vendor data on behalf of a telecom carrier client, TRI will keep that sensitive data out of its multi-client research reports.
When the roots of an apple tree are properly nourished, it produces healthy fruit. TRI has a 15 year history track record covering the OSS/BSS marketplace. With integrity and hard work, we hope to continue serving the OSS/BSS and IT services community for a second 15 years.
How can I find out if TRI can provide the market intelligence I need?
For an outline of what each TRI research solution covers visit our Products area.
TRI can assist you in identifying the solution that best meets your individual requirements, whether your needs are for intelligence or consultancy.
Please contact us to find the best solution for you.